Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Welcome to the first post on my new blog. I’m doing this at the urging of my dear wife, Suzanne, who seems to think that the world is waiting for me to expound on all kinds of things. So, from time to time I will offer up some opinions, thoughts, recommendations, and comment on those things near and dear to me: Radio, Genealogy, History, Politics, Food, Cooking, and whatever else come to mind.

Suzanne has been blogging for some time now. You can find her blog here:

Hooked On Felt

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (that’s an old radio term) you can expect to find some shameless promotion here of my radio station… WAKV, The Memory Station. For those of you located in Southwest Michigan, tune it in at 980-AM. This is a station meant for people over the age of 50, so you’ll hear some of your favorite songs of the last 50 years or more. And you’ll heard them the way you first heard them, complete with static and fading, on an AM radio. It’s the only place you’ll hear much of this music! Everything from Sinatra to Three Dog Night… Tony Bennett to the Beatles. Bob Seger (he’s over 60 now,) Peter, Paul, & Mary, Mathis, The Eagles, Anne Murray… even the occasional Glenn Miller.

I know it’s a strange mix… but I like it…and I own it!!!

1 comment:

Hooked On Felt said...

Welcome to the blogger world! I'll be looking for new and wonderful things from you and the station!
LOVE this Station!