Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm Back

Okay, so it’s been a while but it’s been a long, strange and stressful year. Now I’m ready to resume these postings.

There are a few things to tidy up.

First, and most exciting, WAKV, The Memory Station is now on Facebook. Okay, maybe it’s not that exciting, but it does give us an opportunity to interact with a growing number of folks who use the social networking site… and I thinks it’s a better choice than Twitter. Somehow, I just can’t imagine “tweeting” anything.

Next, in an early post I described my search for information about my great-great grandmother, “Five-Time” Fanny Magee. Well, this is good news! It appears that she was only “Four-Time” Fannie. New information available on-line disproved one of her supposed marriages. In fact, she may have been only “Three-Time” Fannie. It’s possible that she was just “living in sin” with her alleged last husband. (Well, see it was about that military pension from husband number three that she would have had to relinquish if she married again.)

Third, in my “Driveway Songs” post back in April of 2008, I mentioned that I was looking for a certain Jimmie Rodgers song (“Two-ten, Six-eighteen.”) Well, we got a copy and you’ll hear it occasionally.

That’s all for now. Keep watching this space for, hopefully, more frequent posts.

1 comment:

Hooked On Felt said...

Oh Good! I've hoped you would write more on the WAKV blog. Keep up the great music ... and your blog posts too!